Saturday, May 23, 2009

This Is Me Trying To Take A Picture Of My Own Eyeball

And I'm very, very sorry I'm so late getting around to this. I know I said I'd post this on Monday, but I've had a lot of extra running around to do, one of the results of which is that I finally got the big shiny piece of crap back ... I mean my lovely nice new computer that I will never ever trust again. I'm not going to rant about Best Buy taking 4 weeks to fix it or other points of their extreme incompetence. Because this is my happy place ... but I am going to mention that if I were to give in to the urge, it would be a very long & angry rant.

I suppose a shorter title would have been "Review: Revlon Fantasy Lengths" but I had a hell of a time taking these pics LOL. I really have to give high praise to you beauty bloggers that regularly post up pics of makeup, because I found trying to get a halfway decent shot incredibly awkward & frustrating. If I got a decent angle, the light was weird, or vice versa. I don't know that I'm exactly happy with what I ended up with, but they're good enough to serve the purpose.

I was actually kind of looking forward to trying these, since I'd never tried fake eyelashes before ... & the product was pretty good, but I just don't think they're for me. Let's get to the details. I got 3 different styles from Revlon; top to bottom: Flirty, Lush & Intensifying:



"Glamorize your eyes! Instantly get beautiful sexy lashes in a snap with REVLON Fantasy Lengths Maximum Wear Glue On eyelashes. Glue included."

The instructions included on the box & on the included insert seemed pretty simple (click to enlarge):


I didn't have any expectations as far as difficulty level, since this would be my first attempt ever, and I have to say I think I did pretty good applying them. They're very flexible & were fairly easy to get down close to the lash line. although, why don't they make the glue black? Or clear? Because the white glue is kind of noticeable ... or maybe I was just sloppy, but I really felt like I was being as neat as possible while still using enough glue to hold them on. Other reviewers have mentioned using eyeliner to cover the glue but I didn't go that far.

Well. Enough stalling. Here's the eyeball, before & after. I used Flirty:


Maybe for a special occasion or something, but I don't have many of those. Honestly, I don't bother with much makeup on a daily basis. So I didn't have any mascara on hand to blend them with my natural lashes as I've seen recommended. And while they were fairly comfortable, I could feel them in a way that drove me crazy & I just couldn't follow my original plan of actually trying to wear them out for a little while. I took them off after about 5 mins wondering how anyone can stand it.

So ... I guess these get a thumbs up, even though I can't see myself using them. They're easy to apply & if that's the look you're going for they do a good job. I believe these retail for around $5.00 a pack. They are reusable, although the tube of glue is pretty small & I'm not sure if it's sold separately.

I really hope & plan to get back on a better schedule for posting now that I have the fast computer back. I've got quite a lot from the past couple days to share:
  • New NOTD this weekend ... much as I love purple glitter,& even as well as it's worn, it's been a freaking WEEK since I've had time to do my nails.
  • New TOTD this weekend ... still trying to take better care of the feet. I found a moisturizer I really liked & then of course could not find it again, so I've got to find something new again.
  • Hauls! Sally's, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, & maybe another Big Lots & Dollar Tree by the time I post up LOL.
  • Shoes! I bought the cutest shoes today. I've been trying to curb my shoe shopping because they take up a lot more room than polish, but I just couldn't pass these up & so why not share?

So, please bear with me while I get caught up on comments, posting, and other blogs! Thanks for reading =)

~Colette

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the pictures ! These eyelashes looked good on you, even for those 5 min. .....lol :-)
    And a week is really a long time for us without new polish...lol...but don't worry, take you're time, we're here waiting for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look really pretty, hate the way false ones can feel though. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fantastic job taking a photo of your eye. It's nice and clear. I have a pair of Revlon false lashes and I've yet to find them. I read on someones blog that there is black eyelash glue. They do sell it separately. They look so pretty on you. I can't believe you don't have mascara! You need to at least wear that when you go out. Colette, what am I going to do with you! hehe. Can't wait till you get everything going again. Glad your computers back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TULI - I was shocked myself when I realized how long it had been - at least if I had to wear something for a week, it was purple & awesomely glittery =)

    CLOCKWORK - I wonder if people who wear them actually get used to the feel, or just have that much willpower LOL!

    LUCY - Thanks - I had to take sooo many but I was determined to get a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...