Saturday, December 5, 2009

More Hauls

I know, I bad - I'm very, very bad. But I promise I'll be good ... after this month. New Year's resolution. I'm still thinking I want to pick up a couple from the China Glaze Wizard of Ooh Ahz colors, and maybe a couple from the Finger Paints holiday collection.

First haul I have to let you know, I didn't buy myself! My hair stylist - who's name is James but who everyone calls Squeeky - saw these colors in an Avon catalogue & thought of me & bought them as a gift!


The lipstick is called 24k Gold, and the polishes left to right are Nude Gold, Golden Twilight & Golden Rose. I was so touched he thought of me, and happy to add to my collection of course, since I don't have very many Avon polishes.

Then of course there was Zoya's Black Friday Green Friday code. And while Zoya stated on their blog that there was such a response that some colors are now on back order, I got all the ones that I ordered in one of two packages I came home to on Friday:


The first color, upper right, I really had no choice about buying - it's named Colette! The rest of the colors, starting top & left to right are: Yasmeen, Isla, Tangy, Midori, Irene, Envy, Suvi, & Veruschka. These are my first Zoyas, I'm looking forward to trying them out!

The second box I came home to on Friday was my Transdesign order:


My first nail foils! & DS polishes =) The OPIs are Signature, Diamond & Original. The 2 foils next to them are Vibrant Yellow & Mystic Haze. The rest is Foil Kit #1 that TransD sells.

Finally, I stopped at Sallys for some staples & to use the 20% off coupon I got in the mail, and ran into the Orly Metal Chic collection:


Solid Gold, Glam Rock & Iron Butterfly. I saw swatches over at All Lacquered Up, and I feel like Sallys is kind of ahead of the game for once since she said official release date wasn't until February.

So yeah - for sure (almost) time to go on a no-buy LOL. Thanks for reading.

~Colette

10 comments:

  1. Woooow Colette so many pretty things and colors to play with!! I love everything ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul.
    I purchased the Orlys a couple of days ago. Currently wearing Glam Rock and I looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!

    I've never tried Avon polishes. Yesterday I found out that my beloved lipstick is in "the last chance to buy" list! Have to get a backup! But I was thinking it would be kind of weird to order just one thing. lol Now, after seeing Avon Twilight I might give it a go!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. again it's a great haul :)

    it's no wonder some Zoya polishes are on back order due to their green friday offer, just imagine what would have happened if they had offered this internationally... oh the drama! ^_^

    It was such a nice gesture from your hair stylist to give you those polishes, he really picked them well too, I can't wait to see you wearing Golden Twilight and trying out your new TD foils!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GILDEDANGEL - Thanks!

    ARIE - I'm really looking forward to playing with the foils!

    AINOS - I kind of got them for my mom to borrow, but I think I'll end up weaing them too =)

    HEAVENNRJ - I think I have maybe 1 or 2 other Avon polishes, but I know they are older because they are definitely not in this shape bottle.

    CHOCADDICT - Squeeky is a great guy, I see him so often & I always feel like more than just another client - I make a cookie tray for him around the holidays =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hauls! Can't wait to see those foils in action! I know you will master them quickly, because there is NOTHING that you can't handle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used Avon in years. Those colors look pretty. I already had all the green Zoyas since that's my favorite shade. So I didn't take advantage of the special. Those Orly's look good. I'm with you on the spending. Next year I have to cut things waaaay back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Isla for my Green Friday haul too. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty excited. Colette kind of reminds me of China Glaze Far Out. I can't wait to see those Orly mattes. Maybe I should head up to my Sally's...

    ReplyDelete
  9. NESSA - I've yet to use them, but I'm thinking New Year's Eve would be the perfect occasion =)

    LUCY - I've started a budget sheet, so I can actually have it right in my face where I'm spending more than necessary ... because right now I basically have no budget at all LOL

    STEPHANIE - I'm sure you'll love Isla =) I think I have Far Out also, I might have to dig it out & do a comparison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...